Skimmer ACF300A with wooden air stone, for max. 300 litres sea water tanks, without pump, suitable for ozone operation.
These skimmers of the high-end class with the most effective Suspended Flow Principle are characterized by the effect, that the gas bubbles stay a long time in abeyance. With this long contact time between gas bubble and water a high exchange is realised even at small total heights. Carbon dioxid is driven out and oxygen is inserted. The adsorption of proteins is also a time-dependent factor, that is favored by long contact times.
The skimmer types with air wood are constructed that a change of the air wood is easy and without splashing. The air wood module is located at the highest point of the main tube.
You may operate this skimmer externally or inside a filter sump. With the holder (option) a hang-on operation is possible, too.
Advantages compared to other skimmers:
- extrem long contact time; that means:
- high enrichment of oxygen and ozone
- forming of the carbon dioxid - hydrogen carbonate - carbonate - buffer system at low alkalinity
- more even pH value
- short total height
- lowers the numbers of free bacteria to about 20%
- reduces the ozone demand by 70%
- low ammonia / ammonium, nitrite, nitrate and phosphate concentrations
- and of course
- Feed water pump or bypass from a main pump
- air pump, maybe a check valve
- holder for hang-on operation
- ozone generator for ozone operation
- degasing stage for extreme sensitive animals (e.g. jellyfish or larvae), if the water flows directly back into the aquarium